Director of Finance
Zero is the first modern banking experience that combines debit-style functionality with credit card rewards. Zero is powered by a mobile app and Zerocard, a card that comes in four levels with varying rewards.
Zero is a fun and exciting place to work, a next-gen fin-tech company disrupting consumer banking through beautiful design, innovative features, and a business model that allows us to offer better economics to customers than traditional banks.
As a member of our team, you’ll have a direct impact on the success of Zero. You will be taking ownership over making key decisions and taking specs from initial design to developing important apps which hundreds of customers use daily.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for taking the lead on financials, budgeting and reporting. You will also be responsible for spearheading various finance/operations-based projects. You should be able to lead by example and encourage a culture of collaboration, teamwork and accountability.
- Oversee Accounting and Finance in a general capacity at Zero.
- Take ownership of managing the company’s revolving line of credit facility and SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) for funding credit card receivables.
- Provide strategic direction, long range planning, and operational leadership for delivery and performance of accounting, including leading staff, strategy development, and risk management.
- Oversee the preparation of annual and quarterly consolidated financial statements.
- Execute transactions with funding partners on a recurring basis to manage the company's balance sheet, and oversees accounts payable/receivables process.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Assume accountability for all financial reporting and controls.
- Lead capital request and budgeting strategies for each business unit at Zero.
- Make forecasts, preparing variance analysis, and regular reporting.
- Ensure controllership and compliance of financial activities and documentation/reports, monitor financial transactions in the general ledger.
- Monitor cash balances and forecasts.
Who You Are:
- University degree with Finance/Economics/Commerce or Accounting concentration.
- CPA (CA/CMA/CGA/MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive financial accounting experience.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership capacity with financial accounting, treasury functions and projects will be an asset.
- Bonus points for previous experience within the Financial Services/Fin-tech industry. (Banking, Credit Cards)
- ERP experience is required, you should be highly adept with Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task with several priorities and thrive on a fast-paced team.
What We Offer:
- We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
- We’ll provide whatever equipment and tools you need to succeed.
- Standing desk for everyone.
- A culture of collaboration and transparency!
- Really cool and innovative projects that will keep you challenged and motivated.
- A beautiful office with a large kitchen filled with a variety of drinks, coffee, snacks, and breakfast sandwiches.
Don’t have the Zero app yet?
Check us out:https://zero.app/
We thank all applicants, however, those selected for an interview will be contacted.